Activiti Sample Application and Case Study

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
limcheekin
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 1 week ago
Joined: 07/19/2010 - 10:15
Posts: 170
Activiti Sample Application and Case Study

Hi there,

I suggest to create a page which link from activiti.org home page contains list of Activiti Sample Application (even a bpmn20.xml is fine) and Case Study, I think it will be very good reference for the community, users and customers of Activiti. After all, don't you think we all learn by example?

For example, Grails Activiti Plugin Sample App - Vacation Request at http://code.google.com/p/grails-activiti-plugin/wiki/VacationRequestSampleApplication

What do you think? Please vote to support this idea.

Thanks,
Chee Kin

limcheekin
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 1 week ago
Joined: 07/19/2010 - 10:15
Posts: 170

Anyone?

Happy New Year 2011!

Regards,
Chee Kin

kapokfly
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 6 months ago
Joined: 12/24/2010 - 09:37
Posts: 6

I vote yes for an online version.

Currently they have zipped version for download only but we can't elaborate online.

trademak
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 22 hours ago
Joined: 08/20/2010 - 21:12
Posts: 2683

Hi,

I think the user guide and the examples in the Activiti distribution already help users a lot to get started.
But to add larger case studies is of course a nice addition.
A vacation request example is already covered in the user guide so maybe we can seek for other case studies.

Best regards,

Tijs Rademakers
Project lead Activiti
Manning book website --> Activiti in Action
Follow me on Twitter (@tijsrademakers)

limcheekin
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 1 week ago
Joined: 07/19/2010 - 10:15
Posts: 170

trademak wrote:
Hi,

I think the user guide and the examples in the Activiti distribution already help users a lot to get started.
But to add larger case studies is of course a nice addition.
A vacation request example is already covered in the user guide so maybe we can seek for other case studies.

Best regards,

Yes, I think collection of real world case studies will be great!

Best regards,
Chee Kin

limcheekin
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 1 week ago
Joined: 07/19/2010 - 10:15
Posts: 170

Come across some real world case studies here http://www.e-workflow.org/case_studies/index.htm

Regards,
Chee Kin

jbarrez
jbarrez's picture
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 05/16/2010 - 12:14
Posts: 3462

We already have kind of such a page: http://docs.codehaus.org/display/ACT/Presentations+and+Articles

Feel free to add your stuff there, or send us a private message if you think you have something that must be included there!

Activiti Core Developer
My Blog: http://www.jorambarrez.com

limcheekin
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 1 week ago
Joined: 07/19/2010 - 10:15
Posts: 170

jbarrez wrote:
We already have kind of such a page: http://docs.codehaus.org/display/ACT/Presentations+and+Articles

Feel free to add your stuff there, or send us a private message if you think you have something that must be included there!

Hi Joram,

Thanks for writing.

Yes, the presentation and article page is close, but not the same to what I mentioned here, as it is more focus on technical aspect of Activiti instead of real-world uses of Activiti such as collection of sample business processes to use for learning purposes and to share best practices.

Also, please refer to http://www.springsource.com/customers/case-studies for business case studies.

Regards,
Chee Kin

jbarrez
jbarrez's picture
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 05/16/2010 - 12:14
Posts: 3462

Ok, now I understand.

Such a page will surely come very soon, we've discussed the need for his recently internally.

Activiti Core Developer
My Blog: http://www.jorambarrez.com

limcheekin
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 1 week ago
Joined: 07/19/2010 - 10:15
Posts: 170

jbarrez wrote:
Ok, now I understand.

Such a page will surely come very soon, we've discussed the need for his recently internally.

Great! Thanks for timely response.

Regards,
Chee Kin